SECURE COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC SAFETY SOLUTIONS BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Vicente García Torres 132, Coyoacán ● Mexico DF 04030
Phone: +52 55 5658-6743 Cell: +52 155 1069-5538
Date of Birth: May 7, 1966. Married
Information Technology – Strategic Planning – Infrastructure Management
Results driven technology leader with more than 25 years of IT, communications and media experience. Solving business needs through IT solutions with a passion for technology and its applications. Skilled in conceptualizing, developing and implementing solutions.
- Technology Architecture & Integration
- Market/Business Development
- Project Management
- Staff Management & Team Building
- Budget Management
- Network Design & Implementation
- Strategic Analysis
- Vendor Evaluation / Negotiation
|Secure Communications & Public Safety Solutions Business Development||Thales Group||05/12-Current|
Responsible for Thales presales solution architectures and market development in 4G LTE Secure Communications and Public Safety Solutions for Mexico and Latinamerica.
- Market and Business development for transportation and ticketing sector including LTE, TETRA communications, Secure ID for licenses and voters ID cards,
- Developed test plan for secure communications on the 4G LTE network with the National Security Commission.
- Developed Public Safety regional team and designed product customizations and training for Latin American customers.
- Customized and implemented COMPSTAT (New York Police Procedures and Standards) features in our public safety products in order to comply with customers requests in Latin America.
- Managed the engineering for Estado de Mexico’s Public Safety and Radio Communications project.
- Bid development for different projects for Mexican Federal Government and various States
|IT Manager||Thales Security Sulitions and Services||05/10-03/12|
Responsible for IT and Network Engineering design and testing of public safety and video surveillance projects.
- Managed the engineering design and implementation of IT and Network infrastructure for “Ciudad Segura” project which consisted of 1 C4i and 5 C2s centers monitoring and controlling 8000+ cameras in Mexico City and handling the dispatch of police units to crisis areas.
Started an IT service, reseller and consulting company specializing in infrastructure integration, security, virtualization tools and software development.
- Developed and Implemented strategies for sourcing and selling of video surveillance & security products and services
- Lead the sales teams across the country implementing agreements with local service providers for nation wide customers
- Implementation and support of broadcasting company data network upgrade and server virtualization
|Infrastructure & Telecomm Director||Grupo Televisa.||07/98-02/08|
Responsible for all areas of IT Infrastructure and their lifecycle, Design, Implementation and Operations with over 12000 users in 15 offices around Mexico City, 23 offices around the Country and 8 international offices. Leading all aspects of architecture, implementation, budgeting and cost control. Member of different executive committees. Responsible for selecting and integrating international vendors to handle operations in other countries with a staff of 90 people.
- Directed Infrastructure implementation projects in Mexico and Televisa’s South America offices
- Implemented the Metropolitan 10Gb Network for video, voice and applications with more than 6000 nodes, achieving improved performance in different critical services.
- Decreased operational costs up to 60% by consolidating equipment, changing operation processes and consolidating service areas.
- Implemented High Availability and security for critical applications by creating server clusters and redundant storage.
|Senior Consultant||FB&B Consulting.||04/95-02/98|
Technology consulting firm with offices in Arizona, Oregon and New Mexico. Working in different technology projects in South America, Mexico and the US.
- Implemented network and satellite communications for Magma Copper in Peru, Chile and the US providing network cabling, server installation and configuration, satellite communications and PBX implementation and configuration
- Implemented GES Exposition Services online business strategy for booth and services selling and support in Las Vegas, NV
- Consulting (Design and Implementation) of Network & Communications Projects in South America, Mexico and USA
|IS Manager||Grupo Dina||01/91 – 04/95|
Truck manufacturing company leader in Mexico with sales over 1 billion dollars with offices in Mexico City and a production plant in Cd. Sahagún, Mexico. Reporting to MIS Director and with System development, technical support, and systems operation responsibility with a staff of 16 people.
|Technical Support Manager||Grupo Primex||07/88- 12/90|
Petrochemical company leader in production of PVC raw material in Mexico with sales over 200 million dollars, with offices in Mexico City and production plants in Tampico, Puebla and Cuatitlán cities. Reporting to MIS Manager and 2 people reporting to me in communications and networks.
Major Electronic Systems Engineer 1984-1988
ITESM – UEM, Mexico